Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Very Quick Lowell DNA Wrap-Up

For the past few months, I've followed up on DNA meetings with a write-up that's usually a summary of the agenda and then an observation or two. Since last night's meeting was really just a nice dinner over at the Museum, I'll just hit the wavetops before I get back to work:

Two Council candidates were there (Ryan Berard and Franky Descoteaux, whose kick-off is tonight at Mambo) as well as a lot of the DNA usual suspects, right down to the ubiquitous Mark Goldman in his Upper Deck trading cards ballcap.

$100 for the Arts League of Lowell was quickly raised (with a check to be cut Friday morning and delivered in a 'dead drop' inside the Club Diner...but in a more 'Spies Like Us' than Jason Bourne fashion).

There will be no meeting in July, but things will kick up again in August. Fourth Monday, 7 p.m., Revolving.

2 comments:

C R Krieger said...

Just a quick comment about full stops.  May I recommend the use of the &, followed immediately by "nbsp" and then followed immediately by a semi-colin (;) approach to putting space after the "period."

Also, went to Franky Descoteaux's kickoff tonight and it was a nice affair and she got $20 from me (I am cheap).  Having run for office in the past, I know that a little contribution here and there is good for the morale of the candidate.  Just a thought.

Regards  —  Cliff

The New Englander said...

Cliff,

I'm going to have to ask you to explain the "nbsp" thing to me sometime...I'm in the stone ages here, I just learned how to hyperlink text..

Thanks for adding about the donation thing and I agree...I haven't actually donated to any candidates yet but plan to do it this summer.

And as much as I wish money didn't matter so much in politics, it does.

best,
gp